Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fifty to One

Fifty to one odds and the horse WINS the Kentucky Derby. Are you kidding me? I smell a conspiracy maaannn! Did the Dems rig the race like they did in November? I want a Senate Investigation Committee. Oh wait...the Dems control that as well. I demand JUSTICE!

OK. So I don't really care which horse won. I never bet on races anymore. I learned that lesson long ago. I prefer betting opportunities where I have some input, like poker.

A good Texas Hold 'Em game is challenging to the mind and can be rewarding if you pay attention and have patience. I"m not a big better. No high stakes games for me. I play for enjoyment and I enjoy winning.

50-1 odds are tempting but not a very smart move. I'm happy for the people that had a few bucks on that horse but it still wasn't a prudent bet. It was luck. Pure and simple. We all get lucky every once in a while, but we usually do better by thinking things out, rationalizing and making smart decisions based on information and logic. That advice comes in handy when electing new leaders also.

Let's say for instance that voters had taken a hard look at the candidates principles and values before going into that voting booth and not just jumped on the popularity bandwagon. Let's say they had really thought about policies, plans and agendas. Let's just say they had read up on our constitution and what it means. And let's just say that they had taken into consideration who the candidates associated with over the last few decades. Would the outcome have been different?

I believe that if voters would decide based on common sense rather than race or parties, we would not be in the predicament we are in. Our economy stinks. Government is taking control of our industries and our lives and corruption is more wide spread than ever before. These are the things that lead to the downfall of countries and entire civilizations.

Take time to read, talk with others and study history. It may just open your eyes. I am currently reading a book called "The 5000 Year Leap, a Miracle That Changed The World" It was written over thirty years ago but still is the best way to learn about how our Constitution came to be and what it means. The system we have today is a disgrace to our Founding Fathers. I hope we can undo the damage, return to common sense and values and restore our great country for generations to come.

Improve our odds of surviving as a Nation by being aware of what's going on around us and making rational decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment